Green Chili Chicken Ehn-chih-LAH-dahs

>> Tuesday, February 2, 2010



I'm in love with my enchiladas. You know why? It's because they have BEANS in them, black beans, and CORN and not very much cheese. If my enchiladas were human they'd totally be my new boyfriend.



Now and Later Green Chicken Chili Chicken Enchiladas

2 chicken breasts about 12 ounces each, poached and diced (or use rotisserie chicken)
1 can of black beans rinsed (I prefer Goya brand)
1 bag of frozen corn
1 small white onion finely minced
1 can diced green chilis
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups of shredded cheese (I usually use 1/2 jack and 1/2 cheddar)
2 packages corn tortillas (24) total
2 19 ounce cans of green enchilada sauce (Las Palmas is the best)

This recipe makes 3 loaf pans of 8 enchiladas each. We eat one, save one for leftovers and freeze one.

Open 1 can of the enchilada sauce and divide it evenly between the 3 pans. Pour the other can into a mixing bowl. In another bowl mix the chicken, beans, corn, onion, chilis, half of the cheese and the salt.

Dip each tortilla in the enchilada sauce to coat on both sides before filling with about 2 generous tablespoons of the chicken mixture.

Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over the three pans and pour the remaining sauce from the bowl over the pan you wish to freeze. Cover that pan tightly and freeze for up to a month.

Cook the other two in a pre-heated 325 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas start to brown and the sauce is bubbly. The frozen enchiladas will cook in about 60 minutes at 325 degrees.

Top with sour cream, diced tomatos and cilantro leaves.

6 comments:

Julie February 2, 2010 at 9:36 PM  

My new boyfriend would have a LOT of cheese. And money.

BlueFrogJ February 3, 2010 at 5:22 AM  

Psst...Feel like sharing that recipe? I've wanted to make enchiladas (veg ones) and can't find a recipe I like. These look good!

Kelley @ magneto bold too March 1, 2010 at 11:17 PM  

don't go teasing us like that.

Recipe in my inbox STAT.

Peasblog March 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM  

YUM are you reheating bentos too?
Diva wants Hot foods so I make some in the little mr bento type of bento I have but she won't eat cold foods anymore...

foodbin April 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM  

mouthwatering.

Kashmirkat May 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM  

Mmm, that is making me drool :)

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP