Toasting the New Year

>> Saturday, January 3, 2009



People. There are no words. That up there? That's my new toaster. A 1940 Toastmaster. Seriously. It weighs enough to kill a man if thrown with sufficient force AND makes a kick-ass slice of toast. Win-win, right? Of course the heat coming off the top is enough to melt the underside of my upper cabinets but that's what it takes to get toast that's toasty on the outside and soft in the middle. Trust me, any so-called "fire risk" is totally worth it.

In case you were wondering I did run a complicated little algorithm to determine exactly what the mathematical chances were of me and my new love ever actually meeting. The variables included; Me, Him, holiday weekend, two bucks and Mormon thrift store. Statistically I am more likely to be Elvis' than to own that particular toaster. Obviously Jesus wanted me to have it.

My second Resolution?

Buy more crap at thrift stores.

6 comments:

abigail @ Paper and Cake January 4, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

how weird is it that my toaster (only 2 years old) just broke? maybe it is my destiny to own a fire hazard i mean impenetrable and loyal veteran toaster too?

Kari January 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

All I can really say is... The Brave Little Toaster! Smack a face on that little guy and he's right there in your kitchen. I'm jealous.

Marimoy January 5, 2009 at 6:11 AM  

Nice. You went to a D.I.? They always have great things. I miss thrift stores. Toaster is totally worth it!

Julie January 5, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

We had an iron with an electrical cord like that. I can remember it always had sparks coming out of it. I don't think that constitutes a fire hazard though.
I love how you have the butter reflected in the toaster.

Hendersonville Epicurean January 5, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Just don't make 'em like they used to! We're in the market. Guess I'll have to look through our thrift stores!!

Tiffany January 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM  

Love the toaster! Great picture too!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP