Ikea, Ikea, I-keet

>> Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ikea, Ikea,
Lovely, dear Ikea,
From your flat packs to your anchovy treat,
There's nothing half so sweet,
As Ikea, Ikea, I-keet.

Oh, there are things of wonder,
Of which men like to sing.
There are pretty sunsets and birds upon the wing,
But of the joys of nature,
None truly can compare,
With Ikea, Ikea, she of wonders beyond compare.
And Swedish meatballs.

Okay, I totally ripped that off from Barney Fife. Don't judge me. I've been sick.



1. meatballs
2. potatoes
3. lingonberry stuff
4. brownie

8 comments:

Anonymous March 10, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

You have defamed my name, and sullied my tribute to Juanita, Juanita, lovely dear Juanit.

Momisodes March 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Oh those bones sticking out of those meatballs are the cutest things!

I <3 Ikea and their meatball platter :)

The Duo Dishes March 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

We've never eaten in the Ikea cafe. Is it really tasty? It's so cheap...just like the furniture! They've genuises.

Anonymous March 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM  

Love your Ode to Ikea:) Long live the lingonberry stuff!

Allison Jones March 28, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Ikea food is quite possibly my favorite food in the entire world. I grew up in a time when Ikea kids meals were all-you-could-eat, and my sisters and I would put some of the lingonberry preserves in our lingonberry juice mixed with sprite...

Man, the taste of those meatballs is the ultimate comfort food to me... creamy, savory, salty... tastes like home. Once, I bought the frozen package with a packet of sauce and tried to make them at home, and it just wasn't the same. I. Love. Ikea. Meatballs.

Julie March 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

I'm still hankerin' for that Ikea trip.

Anonymous May 1, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

Despondent Giraffe! he's my favorite bento pick of all time.

Sofia September 15, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

yummy bento!!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP