Daring Baker #14 My Black Plague Valentino

>> Monday, March 2, 2009

I was so excited to make this cake. Only THREE freakin' ingredients. THREE! One of which would help deplete the excessive chocolate stores I'm still hoarding. All THREE of which I. already. owned. Do you know how rare this is? Well, it's ... rare.

But then. Then .... Just when I could finally see March comin' around the corner February reached up and bitchslapped me again.

Sick. Sick. Sick.

I whined. And coughed. And brought up that 'someone' bought me generic orange juice when it was the ooooooonnnnnnlllllly thing I could even bear to think about drinking. And He made the cake. And I didn't criticize. Much. I opted not to push my luck on the whole ice cream thing.

So here's the cake. It tastes EXACTLY like chocolate. Unfortunately this particular cake could have been a bit overcooked. And -might- have teensy bits of scrambled egg in it. But still - tastes EXACTLY like chocolate. Also, apparently we don't have any "parchment circles". But still. Tastes EXACTLY like chocolate. And plays nicely with ice cream.



You'll do things differently when you make it.




The February 2009 challenge is hosted by Wendy of WMPE's blog and Dharm of Dad ~ Baker & Chef.
We have chosen a Chocolate Valentino cake by Chef Wan; a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Dharm and a Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Wendy as the challenge.

4 comments:

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

Poor thing....should we be calling you typhoid lunchbucket? Sorry, it's not nice to make fun of the sickie. So: pobrecita! I hope you feel lots better soon.

Well, at least you were able to guilt him into making it! LOL!

Mine only makes cookies. Sometimes. When HE really wants them & I won't make them for him. LOL!

Sarah. Who doesn't comment very often, even though she lurks a lot. :-P

Anonymous March 3, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

It looks like it's chocolate-ful! We believe that it was still tasty.

Julie March 4, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

So..it tastes like chocolate? And scrambled eggs. Hmm...I can work with ice cream.
Do you still have the plague?

judith March 12, 2009 at 3:24 AM  

A combination I've found that will totally blow your taste buds is chocolate cake and Blood Orange sherbet. The richness of the chocolate, especially in a cake such as this, along with the intensity of the Blood Orange is so delicious. But be careful, once you've had it nothing else compares and Blood Orange sherbet can be a seasonal treat that can be hard to find.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP