Recipe for the Remedy

>> Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Assemble your supplies.

3 cups of ice sitting in a bowl of water to soften (about 15 minutes)
one lemon
sugar
berries
libation of choice
knife
blender
reamer

It should look something like this:



Directions:

Cut the lemon in half and juice it directly into the blender. Dump in 1/4 cup each of sugar and vodka. Blend. Drain the water out of your ice and add it to the blender - you should have about 2 1/2 cups. Pulse until smooth.

Pre-softening the ice really makes a difference in the texture - if you don't you'll have little icy granules which isn't exactly the end of the world but isn't exactly what you're going for here either. Of course I'm sure this doesn't apply if you have a fancy blender. Like say a Vita-Mix 1700 Turbo Blend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor. In which case yeah, yay for you. Whatever.

Anyway. Pour the lemonade into the glass. Leave what sticks to the bottom in there and throw in 1/4 cup of berries. Pulse a few times and pour on top of the lemonade.

Stick a straw in your glass and admire.



Sip contentedly. Avoid brain freeze.

9 comments:

Jenn July 1, 2009 at 4:24 AM  

thank you for the instructions! i feel a brain freeze coming on. and thanks for the tip about softening the ice. I never knew that.

The Spiteful Chef July 1, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

Wow. This is the first time I've felt inferior for having the regular 1.5 HP Vitamix. There's a 2 HP out there? I'm so behind, even when I feel so ahead.

Yvo Sin July 1, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

Did I mention it's been like 50 here? Ok, not 50. Low 60s. It has not gotten hot yet. And it keeps raining. This would be lovely if I had a blender. Yeah, I should get one of those, huh?
But thanks for sharing... it sounds divine!

Julie July 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Now I have the Black Crows song in my head.

Sarah July 3, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Oh dear, this sounds dangerously delicious! I might have to try this out tonight. It's been 100+ degrees out and has been a long week. xD Thanks for the recipe!

Kelley @ magnetoboldtoo July 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM  

mmmmm. It is FREEZING here in Australia and I am totally making that anyway.

For lunch.

rachaelgking July 6, 2009 at 11:20 AM  

That thing looks like it's WORTH the brain freeze.

Flying Lily July 9, 2009 at 5:36 AM  

That looks divine. I'm sure it is good for you too, with the lemon and berries and all...

Sarah July 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

This was SO DELICIOUS! I used Lime Rum in mine, one time w/blueberries, and then one time with raspberries. YUM!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP