Nothing Like the Smell of Tuna in the Morning

>> Thursday, February 17, 2011



1. tuna salad made with lemon juice, capers and roasted peppers
2. more capers
3. more roasted peppers
4. seeds held together with a little bread

Speaking of tuna; did your mom always refer to it as tunafish? Like one word? Mine either.

You know what isn't nice? Of course you do. Tuna (or tunafish) packed in water. All this time I thought I didn't like it. Then I bought some packed in olive oil. Oh. Yeah. That's better. Here's something else that isn't nice. Making tuna salad in the morning. Tuna salad prior to 9 am is not pleasant, it is not delicious, it is nasty. I don't care what it's packed in. (Unless maybe it's cocaine.) Especially if you don't wash your hands particularly well when you're finished and then get to enjoy the smell of canned fish all the way to work. I suppose you probably wouldn't compulsively sniff your hands the entire commute to see if you could still smell it. Me either.

Also? I love capers.

2 comments:

Julie February 18, 2011 at 9:14 AM  

I can't remember what my mom called, but I love those little pickles, and I want one.

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* February 18, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

Your title made me chuckle! I agree that tuna (or tunafish!) is yuck in the mornings. Your salad looks VERY good though!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP