Lick Skillet Pan Sauce and Some Other Stuff

>> Tuesday, February 3, 2009



There was a time when hearing the words "I don't think I'll be home for dinner" would really kinda piss me off. Especially if I'd already started cooking said dinner. But that was then. Now? Like music to my lunch packing ears. Not that my ears pack lunch, but you know what I mean.

1. feelay
2. green beans
3. yellow potatoes
4. apples
5. mocha sandwich cookies

That glob of something on top of the steak is not a mushroom. That's the scraped up remains of the most fantastically awesome sauce ever. I de-glazed the pan with a glug of Shiraz (Robert Shaw 2008) and finished it with a glob of left-over brandy butter. Good gravy! Literally. I actually wiped out the rest of the sauce with my finger. And ate it. If I hadn't used my heavy cast iron skillet I woulda lifted that puppy up and licked it clean. For realz ya'll.

5 comments:

Lilly February 4, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

Oh my that gravy sounds good!!! still annoys the hell out of me when someone says they wont be home for dinner!!

The Spiteful Chef February 4, 2009 at 3:19 PM  

Brandy butter? Wha? What is this mythical beast?

The Duo Dishes February 4, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

That mocha cookie got our attention!

Julie February 8, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

If you lick the skillet won't it burn your tongue?

Lunch Buckets February 9, 2009 at 9:03 PM  

@Lilly - okay, it does me too, I'm just trying to embrace my inner positivity. Or something.

@Spiteful - just like 3 of the 4 major food groups in one! Butter, liquor, sugar. Yeah, that's right.

@Duo - Fresh & Easy specials - I might be a little bit addicted. Like I need another vice...

@Julie - like you wouldn't freakin' believe. You know, probably.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP