Those Who Can

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009



1. salad (with beets!)
2. spinach dip
3. bread
4. fudgey brownie bite

Those who can do, those who can't, imitate. I do have standards though - I only imitate the best. And only if it looks easy. White on Rice Couple recently posted about a stovetop spinach dip. I like spinach dip! And it's easy. So I made it.



No water chestnuts though, because really - what's the point? Oh, and I used bacon fat instead of oil because, well - it's bacon fat! And I didn't have enough Paremesan. But! I did have a can of that powdered stuff leftover from the great Pioneer Woman debacle of aught seven. It was pretty clumpy so I closed it up and shook it. Hard. Repeatedly. Sounded like there was a hockey puck in the can. And maybe I was a little angry. Anyway. I'm not what happened exactly but the next thing I knew a disk of compressed cheese powder went flying over my shoulder and I was literally covered in the stuff. Know what? The odor. It lingers. The dog couldn't get enough of me. And Him? Nearly had to get the hose out to get Him off my leg.

4 comments:

Julie February 12, 2009 at 10:35 AM  

You're a nut. You need Vietnamese food.

Anonymous February 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Yes bacon fat! You keep it real, and we like that.

Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

I actually like water chestnuts in my spinach dip! They admittedly don't taste like much, but I enjoy the crunchy texture to constrast against the softness of the rest of it.

Lunch Buckets February 24, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

Julie - yes. Obviously.

duo - I don't know about real ... but I do love me some bacon grease :)

Kristen - you might have a point. Maybe.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP