Chard Glorious Chard

>> Tuesday, March 18, 2008



1. vegetables
2. toasts hidden under the carrots
3. hummus
4. chard glorious chard

I thought I bought some gorgeous beet tops. Don't ask me why I thought I needed beet tops, 'cause I don't know. It was probably my innate attraction to red things. I was looking for a way to cook the not beet tops and discovered what I had was actually Swiss Chard. I sometimes buy chard at Trader Joe's all cleaned and cut up and sealed in a bag that disguises it in such a way that I, a grown woman, could not identify it in whole leaf form. But anyway, yeah. Not beet tops.

I'm thrilled that I came across this recipe from Beyond Salmon. I followed her technique closely but used shredded Parmesan instead of grated and added some golden raisins when I put the leaves in. It was fantastic! Glorious even. Yay chard! Glorious chard! Had to sneak the dish away from myself to save some to pack for lunch. Not exaggerating - it's really that good.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP