Soy Vey!

>> Friday, March 7, 2008



1. teriyaki pork ribs
2. rice with sesame seeds
3. grapes
4. Mounds candy bar
5. bean paste apple

We love this meat. I use Soy Vey's Island Teriyaki sauce (no substitutes!) and boneless "country style" pork ribs. Nothing else. Brown the meat then slow cooker it for 6 hours or so with about 3/4 of a cup of the teriyaki sauce. That's it. Seriously. And it's delicious. Pretty much the only reason I own a crock pot! I added some jarred peppers to this to stretch it out a bit.

Isn't that little apple cute? I bought a whole package of these little fruits to put on cupcakes that I never made - so I decided to just eat them. That's how I roll.

3 comments:

Coffee and Vanilla March 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Hi,

I'm hosting Wholesome Lunchbox event again and would love to see your entry.
Closing date is 15th of each month, round ups will be posted on 16-17th of each month.
To learn more, please read this post:
http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=1429

Enjoy your day,
Margot

Anonymous March 10, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Yum, sounds delicious... my brother in law told me that a slow cooker is a fire hazard. Obviously you're still here but... do you think there's any merit in that? I leave my house about 8:15 in the morning and the earliest I'm back is 7 pm, but if I work OT or go out, it's even later...

Lunch Buckets March 16, 2008 at 1:20 AM  

Yvo - fire hazard? Probably more of a boring meal hazard. Still that's a long time to leave something boiling on your counter. I don't know if I'd be comfortable leaving it that long unattended. Maybe overnight would work?

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP