Mini Meatloaf Lumps o' Love

>> Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Life's been a little crazy around here. The cure? Little lumps of barbecue glazed meatloaf. Tastes like love. Or at least like really good meatloaf. I made some extra for the freezer. Any bets on the date I'll find them and throw them away? No? Oh well. At least I got a chance to use the new food processor for like the 4th time since I got it at least 2 months ago. It can make bread crumbs out of bread slices in no time flat. A real workhorse that thing is turning out to be. Good investment. Yep.







1. little meatloaf or loaves depending on the eater
2. strawberries
3. roasted corn
4. orange slices for me
5. sugar for berry dipping for them
6. carrots for them cause good mommies give their kids vegetables
7. mini fudge grahams for them cause good mommies compensate for giving their kids vegetables that they don't particularly like by giving them cookies even if they also gave them pure sugar

Hey, it's just a little sugar. Like less than a teaspoon. They drink water! And milk. Organic even. Back off nutrition police! It's a healthy lunch. Really. The fact that I'm entering the first lunch in Margot's Wholesome Lunchbox monthly blogging event and not the other two means nothing. Nothing at all.

5 comments:

Anonymous March 13, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

Awesome lunch. I love mini meatloafs. They've saved my bento box many a day!

Coffee and Vanilla March 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Beautiful, thank you for your entry :)

Margot

Anonymous March 14, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

I love your nifty lunch ideas. I wish I have the patience ands endurance to pack this daily for my daughter, my husband and me. Not only do we spend obscene amount of dollars for our lunches at work and school, we often do not make healthy choices as well. Yours look economical and nutritionally complete. May I ask if they keep well in the freezer, or leat in the fridge, for more than a few days? I am thinking of preparing them over the Saturday for weekday use.

Kelley March 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

I love your bentos! You do a great job!

Lunch Buckets March 16, 2008 at 1:18 AM  

Thanks Jenn - I don't really like meatloaf, but making them tiny made them taste really good!

Margot - you're welcome! Love that you've made the event monthly :)

Lalaine - I usually assemble the night before, especially if I'm using leftovers but I don't see any reason why much of it couldn't be done ahead of time if you had enough containers.

Kelley - thanks for visiting! I added your blog to my reader :)

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP