The Best Banana Bread You'll Never Try

>> Monday, August 18, 2008



1. pasta with spinach and egg
2. strawberries
3. cheese and crackers
4. best banana bread ever

I was gonna post the recipe for the best banana bread ever - but I must have lost it. I've looked everywhere. Well, everywhere that I could look without actually, you know, getting up and looking. If I don't find it I'll be really sad - cause it really was the best banana bread ever.


**edited to add pasta "recipe"**

Pasta with Spinach & Egg

1 lb dried pasta
big pile of spinach
handful of grated parm
couple of garlic cloves sliced really thin
glug of olive oil
glug of cream or half & half or milk
4 eggs

Start the pasta water. Pour a glug of oil into a saute pan with the sliced garlic and bring to medium heat. When the garlic gets soft but not brown through in a big pile of washed and dried spinach leaves. Stir the spinach around until it wilts, slap on a lid and take it off the heat. Start the water to poach your eggs (I do one per person). When the pasta is done scoop out about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain. Dump the drained pasta back in the cooking pan and add the spinach/garlic/oil, a glug of your chosen dairy, and the parmesan and stir it around. Poach the eggs unless you're lucky enough to have sous chef to do it for you, in which case ask them to poach the eggs. Toss the pasta around with enough of the pasta water until it looks moist but not drippy, you probably won't use the entire measure. Serve the pasta with a poached egg on top with a little coarse salt sprinkled over and let everyone pepper to taste. When you pop the yolk it all melts down into the pasta and tastes better than anything so simple has a right to taste.

4 comments:

Ironjack August 19, 2008 at 12:43 PM  

mmm. The pasta looks yummy is that a spinach pesto?

Marimoy August 19, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

The pasta and the banana bread... why must you tease us so?!?!

Lunch Buckets August 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Sorry Mimi! I sure hope I find that banana bread recipe - it was awfully good :) I added the pasta "recipe" Jack - though it's really more of a process!

Camille August 20, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

I have a best ever banana bread, too. If you need a new recipe let me know. Pasta looks really good...I think my kids would like it.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP