Holiday Feast 2007

>> Wednesday, December 26, 2007

We are traditionalists - only the slightest deviations are allowed in our Christmas menu. I can't imagine what sort of chaos and carnage would ensue if I plopped a ham on the table. Or a green vegetable. Here's a rundown:


We always have cheesy holiday paper plates and napkins. This year we had sledding snowmen!






We must have tiny pickles, both sweet and dill, pickled beets and okra, and green pimento stuffed olives.





There must be summer sausage, and there must be cheese. Lots of cheese. At least 1 pound per person and it must include something nasty that nobody will eat. The winner this year was the mottled looking "Porter" cheese. Ack!





We always have something wrapped in bacon, and either meatballs or little smoked sausages wrapped in canned crescent roll dough.





This years bacon-wrapped thing was a disaster. I'll never trust that Pioneer Woman again. Club crackers and powdered cheese? What was I thinking? Monumental waste of 8 slices of damn tasty bacon is what this was. Next year we're going back to chicken livers.





The star of the show is always the Roast Beast.





Six pounds of prime beef goodness roasted to just barely medium rare. Sliced thick.





With those f'in potatoes. Everyone loves them. Except me.





Avert your eyes if the sight of bloody beef on a plate offends you!





Vanilla cupcakes with dark chocolate frosting.





Sugar cookies with frosting.





Truffles from See's. I generally don't like to share these.






The only thing we missed was Grandma and Grandpa. Wish you guys could have been here.

6 comments:

Yvo Sin December 27, 2007 at 3:25 PM  

I just peed my pants a little at the sight of the plate with the potato and glorious slab of beef. Can I come over for any leftovers? *faints* Please share the recipe for the roast "beast" haha I love that name it looks so friggin' delicious.

Anonymous December 28, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

It all looks good and very familiar:) wish we could have been there too, love you mom

Cookie baker Lynn December 28, 2007 at 9:15 AM  

It looks like fabulous traditions. You could pass your potato off on me. Looks like you had a wonderful time!

Lori Lynn December 28, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

Hi - I love the tradition! Us too. I put together a similar relish tray, including the OKRA (it will post in a few days).

Your roast looks great, avert your eyes, ha, that is funny...and I'm with you on the See's candies!

Happy New Year, too!

zakkalife December 29, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

the "roast beast" looks delicious

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:20 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP