Greyhound Jellies

>> Friday, May 29, 2009

I might be a little obsessed with the cocktail jellies. This one is so, so, seriously good. The technique is exactly the same as the Manhattan Drops but I replaced the whiskey, vermouth and bitters with 1 & 1/2 cups fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, 3/4 cup of expensive vodka and a pinch of salt. Also instead of individual molds I used a 9x13 pyrex baking dish and unmolded the whole thing out on a cutting board before hacking it into squares and half-moons.

Greyhound Jellies



There's gotta be a better name for these!

Initially I garnished them with a bit of candied peel, but then I went all Alinea @ the Double Wide (apologies to Mr. Achatz, and Carol, and well, everyone) and busted out the coffee grinder. I had decided to grind some of the peel and for some reason it seemed like a good idea to throw in a few cardamom seeds and sprinkle a little bit of this magic dust on top of my pretty little jellies.



Know what? It totally worked. The peel adds this intense grapefruit POP right at the beginning and the cardamom adds just a little spicy warmth and the next thing you know you're saying "wow, that was -really- good!". Or at least that's what I said.

Next up the Lemon Drop Drops - for realz this time.

4 comments:

Laura May 30, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

HI there! Noticed you on my followers page...and, have you ever read my posts on my obsession with the BENTO?????????????????????????? Is that how you found me??????????????????????? I mean, I have a MAJOR obsession!!!!!!!

...am looking forward to reading your blog...

Yvo Sin May 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

God, woman, do you share?

Julie May 31, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

No. No she doesn't share. Not even with life long friends who only live across town.

LaFleur June 3, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

Oh my - this sounds so good I must make it immediately!!!!!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP