Sad Giraffe

>> Monday, August 30, 2010

Another day, another dollar, another packed lunch. Work continues to kick my ass. I know, I know, it's called work for a reason. Nobody bitches about having to go sit on the couch, but good gravy it's just making me so sad. Of course it's not like I really expect it to be cotton candy fun, but I could sure use a break. Well, enough about me, let's look at what I ate!



1. tragically overcooked strip steak, sliced thin
2. smoked gouda
3. the sandwicheriffic Bagel Thins - speaking of Bagel Things, did there used to be something else called Bagel Thins that was most certainly not -these- Bagel Thins? I'll have to think on that for a while. Moving on -
4. tiny pepper stuffed with chive cream cheese
5. some maters
6. asianesque cucumber salad made with Soy Vay Island Teryaki because I am just that clever and also had no sesame oil
7. Maille whole grain mustard, and plenty of it
8. sad giraffe because I didn't have a tiny fork with a plastic representation of a crying baby Jesus which really would have been more appropriate

12 comments:

Anonymous August 31, 2010 at 5:04 AM  

Such a yummy & delicious bento. :)

Peasblog August 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

do you think if we put money into a jar every time we make a lunch at the end of the year would could retire? or not reallY? sigh.

Julie September 1, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

Didn't the Eagles do a song about the Sad Giraffe?

Thistlemoon September 1, 2010 at 10:24 AM  

LOL! Great looking nonetheless!

Bentobird September 1, 2010 at 12:24 PM  

this post was hilarious, thanks--I needed to laugh on such a frantic work afternoon! here's hoping your cute bento added some zing to a hard working day...it did for mine!

EatPlayLove September 2, 2010 at 8:03 PM  

Aww poor giraffe, now that I think of it our blue giraffe is sad too! I love the stuffed pepper idea, I might try that with green olive cream cheese, my favorite on bagels. Btw, I haven't seen bagel thins yet!

rObrak September 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

It's something I haven't seen before to any website or blog site but you did a great job posting this. Really It's new to me but looks delicious. All the more, it's healthy. I know that! hmmm...by the way, you might like to try a stainless steel container for a new style of lunch pack. It's durable, eco-friendly, reusable and convenient to use. You'll love it for sure because unlike plastic wares, it doesn't hold any odor or stain. It also has 100% BPA free. ;-)

Anonymous September 5, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

I like the bagel thins. Definitely could go with less work too though :) Luckily, it's a three day weekend!

The Absence of Alternatives September 7, 2010 at 5:03 AM  

Wow! For someone who brought bento to school all my school life (1 thru 12) you have taken bento to a new height!

Sad giraffe looks really sad indeed. :-(

Jessica - The Novice Chef September 7, 2010 at 5:48 PM  

What a great bento! Way better then any I have done!

Laura Alison September 7, 2010 at 6:57 PM  

sad giraffe :(

hang in there at work!

Peasblog October 4, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

I'm linking to this post on my blog, hope you're well!!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP