An Old Wet Hen

>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011



Know what makes me madder than an old wet hen? Well not this. This is chicken noodle soup. I make it from rotisserie chicken, cooked twice so it's less likely to kill us. We're all quite fond of it.

Notice the way my lack of spatial reasoning skills left me with such a generous serving. Luxurious, no?

1. soup
2. stale cabinet-flavored crackers
3. caramelized onion cheese
4. grapes
5. chocolate con almonds

All lovingly packed in the way that has become mine.

Oh, but I am mad. I'm mad at a book. Well, not really at the book itself, but at the people IN the book. You know, the characters. Pretty sure that makes it (The Dive From Clausen's Pier) a novel worth reading.

What would you do? What you do if the person you were engaged to marry, the person with whom you were busy falling out of love, the person whose heart you were slowly breaking became paralyzed? Whatever you decide will be wrong. And I will sit here on my big red couch and judge you. Even if you are a fictional character. You've been warned.

4 comments:

Julie January 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

Well if the person you're falling out of love with became paralyzed, apparently there's no rush to move things forward. So you've got plenty of time to prove what a worm of a human being you are so that person can tell to hit the road while speaking through his/her trach tube, I suppose.

Julie January 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM  

I actually don't know if ppl CAN talk to their trach tubes, and I also know that's scary in and of itself.

Unknown January 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

I SO want to read that book! I like judging too!

Anonymous January 6, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

Spatial reasoning skills are SO overrated.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP