Over That Too

>> Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Well people, I think I'm souped out. I've explored the full range of ready to eat soups that Fresh & Easy has to offer as well as some traditional open can and plop it out soups not to mention a few homemade varieties. Luckily I still have the world of crackers to conquer.



1. seeded cracker
2. goat cheese
3. peppadew

Tune in tomorrow for Chicken in a Biscuit and Nutella!

Also over? YA serial fiction.

I finished the first two books of the Hunger Games series and finally read the last of the Twilight series. Maybe in a another year or two I'll be ready for Mockinjay, but for now? Pretty much done.

The best book of the year so far is a tiny little thing called Prayer for the Dying. The entire thing is written in second voice which would normally annoy the hell out me but it really works for this book. I think it helps to create a sort of barrier from the horror of what's happening to the characters allowing you to love the experience of reading the story. It's just beautifully written; lyrical, languid, almost poetic assuming of course you can get past the macabre theme.

The reviews are definitely mixed.

3 comments:

Peasblog January 31, 2011 at 9:30 PM  

what's peppadew?

Lunch Buckets January 31, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

Peppadews are sweet pickled peppers. I usually buy them at Fresh & Easy in a small tub. Costco also sells them stuffed with goat cheese and packed in a giant vat of oil. I don't buy those because I have no self control :)

Peasblog February 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

ohhh looks good!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP