Old School Taco Salad

>> Monday, January 31, 2011



1. taco salad
2. tangelo

When I was growing up there was some fast food place in the next town over, can't remember anything else about it but I do remember the taco salad. I also remember loving that taco salad. They served it in a rectangular shaped aluminum foil container. After much trial and error I think I've come up with a pretty close copycat recipe.

Layer the following items in a bowl or foil dish.

Lettuce
Corn chips
Chili
Chopped onion
Cheese
Jalapeno slices on the side

Eat with a plastic spork.

OMG, I almost forgot to tell you what I've been reading!

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright
Seven pages in the wife dies in bed of a heart attack and by page eight the terminally ill husband gives it up and dies next to her. It was downhill from there. No, actually it's kind of a cute book. The husband wrote a letter to the wife every Wednesday the entire 40 some-odd years they were married. Their adult children find the letters after their death and through them find ... redemption? At least that's what you're led to believe from the -letter- pasted in the back of the book from one of them. I don't know, it was Cute. Capital C. I'm over it.

Clearing the Aisle
by Karen Schwartz
Classic chick lit but I loved it. Know why? It was a Jewish wedding with lots of juicy little Jewish wedding details. I love that shit. There's always those certain things that continue to fascinate. Judaism, polygamy, nuns and boarding school are mine.

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger
Not her best effort.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP