I'm Going to Miss the Free Citrus

>> Wednesday, June 8, 2011



1. costco chicken with pomegranate jus
2. pureed maple carrots aka Plan B Carrots
3. lemon bar made from the last of the lemons
4. last of the kumquats

If you knew me you'd know I recently got a pressure cooker. You'd also know that was really exciting to me because you'd have heard me talking about it all the freakin' time. I pretty much love it. It's so fast you guys! Like a microwave only less creepy. So, carrots. That should take like ... 5 minutes? Apparently not. Pressure cook carrots for 5 minutes and take a peek. Looks fine right? Now try to pick one up. Psych! Remember when it used to be cool to yell Psych! Yeah, me neither.
Plan B. Scoop up the "carrots" and smoosh 'em around with some butter, salt and a drizzle of maple syrup. Realize pureed maple carrots rock! Pretend they turned out just the way you planned.

2 comments:

BlueFrogJ June 8, 2011 at 4:59 AM  

LOL! I like the pureed carrots. Hmmmm, a pressure cooker. Can't wait to see what else you make.

Jenn of Not Exactly Bento

Lunch Buckets June 9, 2011 at 1:06 AM  

I can't believe I waited so long to get one. I'll be a curry makin' fool next winter!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP