Raspberries and Cake Balls

>> Tuesday, June 28, 2011



1. chicken salad
2. egg
3. cucumbers
4. raspberries
5. cake ball

Yeah, cake ball. Have you had these? They're everywhere! I think Bakerella started it, and now Starbucks is finishing it. I had one recently, a Starbucks one I mean, in a moment of weakness. See I was out of half & half ... anyway, it tasted like flavoring. And sweet. Know what I mean? Tiramiextract. But, they are cute. Also Zoot loves them and I think she's one of the coolest people I don't know so when it came time to menu plan for True Blood last night, (what? you don't menu plan for TV events?)I decided to make some. Strawberry cake, strawberry cream cheese frosting and milk chocolate coating. Sounds good, right?

I think my frosting was too ... thin? Or maybe I used too much? How much frosting is in a tub o' frosting? I don't know. They seemed a little wet so I didn't even attempt to put them on sticks. I can't decide if they are disgusting or genius! It might be psychological. The process of mushing up a perfectly good cake and all. Maybe I should try a batch using a plain cake mix and premade frosting so I can get a better idea of the consistency. Clearly this requires more investigation.

1 comments:

Julie July 1, 2011 at 2:16 PM  

I've only had cakeballs once. They disgusted me. And that's saying a lot.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP