Steak, Salad & Seduction

>> Sunday, July 27, 2008



1. sliced ribeye on salad
2. Japanese sweets
3. little bottle of love potion


Do you know Tigers & Strawberries? If you don't you should. Go there now - this can wait.

So here's the dealio. I was reading Barbara's post titled Seduction on a Plate: Fraises a l’Aziz and became completely and totally enamored of the idea of a vinaigrette made from pomegranate molasses. Meaning that I had to have it, and I had to have it NOW. Seduction indeed! So I decided to grill a steak, slice it thin, and serve it on lettuces with walnuts and raspberries and dress it all up with a fabulous pomegranate vinaigrette. Sounds lovely, no?

Well yes, in theory anyway. In reality the damn molasses wouldn't blend. I mixed and mixed and mixed and blenderized and blenderized and blenderized until it damn near boiled and I'm pretty sure that my blender was whimpering. I gave up. I tossed the salad in the nicely flavored oil and drizzled the gloopier stuff over with a spoon. SO. disappointing. But you know what? Still tasted fan-freakin-tastic. If anyone tries this and figures out a fix - please let me know. Please. I need this. Please.

Speaking of seduction, there's still plenty of time to Haiku that Blog!

1 comments:

Barbara Fisher July 28, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

We tend to mix it with an immersion blender at work. When you do that, the emulsion doesn't break.

Glad you liked the flavor!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP