Turkey Burger - Yeah, You Heard Me

>> Tuesday, July 22, 2008



1. turkey burger
2. nectarine
3. grapes

So all the chicas at work have been passin' around some turkey burger recipe somebody got from Oprah. I assume Oprah the show, not Oprah the person. Anyway, it had apples and chutney and had been known to cause gastronomic apoplexy. Okay, I made that last part up, but still, the chicas were diggin' it, so I decided to make it. Except of course I didn't actually HAVE the recipe, but I try not to get bogged down with a lot of details.

I dumped this stuff in a bowl.

1 pound ground turkey breast
1 grated Pink Lady apple
1 big spoonful of mango chutney
2 green onions finely chopped
salt and pepper

And made it into 5 patties and cooked them in a lightly oiled non-stick pan on one side until they were nice and brown and then flipped them and when they got brown on that side I moved the pan off the heat and let them cool down a bit before I moved them.

The turkey mixture was really wet and I didn't think they would hold together, but they did, and I didn't really think they'd taste good. but they did. It's the chutney no doubt. We ate them on seeded buns with thin sliced onion and thick sliced tomato and a big slick of mayo to counteract the low fatness of it all.

2 comments:

Yvo Sin July 23, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

"...and a big slick of mayo to counteract the low fatness of it all."

This is why I read. A woman after my own heart, really. hahahaha. I'm not a fan of turkey burgers but this sounds like I could deal with it. I've made chicken sausage (patties) with apples before, I bet I could add some mango chutney and ... ooh or fresh mango chutney that I make myself? Hello, swoon!!!

Marimoy July 24, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

sounds yummy. I don't watch a whole lot of TV so I am glad to have you to keep me up to date!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP