No Leftovers & A Shout to Ray-Ray

>> Tuesday, December 9, 2008



When we walked into Yao Saturday we were greeted with two questions. "Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?" immediately followed by "Did you go out of town?" When I answered yes she frowned "ahhh, no leftovers." A woman who clearly has her priorities in order.

So yeah. We went out of town. I love Thanksgiving with my parents. They let me cook ... AND clean up! But the best part is that we want the same food, the same way, every time. Thanksgiving is NOT the time for experimentation. Sure, some things may come, and some things may go, but the core menu remains. Turkey. Sweet potatoes. Dressing. (not -stuffing-). Gravy. Cranberry sauce. Pumpkin pie. I know, I know! Anyway, we love it, and I love them, and I miss them. Except Max. I don't miss Max much. But Ray-Ray? You my only friend.

1. spicy eggplant hiding rice
2. grapes, tomatoes, cucumber

6 comments:

Marimoy December 10, 2008 at 4:22 AM  

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It is dressing. I don't think as a kid we ever "stuffed" anything with it. It was always a side dish.

Yvo Sin December 10, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

Is Ray Ray who I think it is? I'm confused, lol.
Hey, I love Thanksgiving and no hating on traditional dishes here ;)
BTW, I call it stuffing even though I don't stuff anything with it, and I KNOW it's "dressing" when it's not stuffed. Is this a regional thing maybe? When I say "dressing" I think of salads right away. *shrug*
(When I was a kid, my mom did stuff the turkey with sticky rice, Chinese sausage, some sort of fried-rice-like concoction. I don't remember how it tasted or how the turkey was, but I do remember that was inside the turkey at least once. After that, ... well, turkey is a long story.)

Julie December 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

Okay, you've been tagged.

Lunch Buckets December 11, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Mimi - I applaud your good sense.

I wanna hear more about that turkey Yvo! Oh, and about dressing. You're probably just sayin' it wrong. It's sposed to be "dressen". See? Nothing like the stuff you put on a salad:)

RayRay is a rabbit named Cookie - technically my daughters - that lives at my parents. My Dad started calling her Ray-Ray and it stuck.

Thanks Jules. Really.

Anonymous December 14, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

We miss you and love you too and I am so glad you appreciate us for letting you cook and clean up:)

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP