The Weather Outside ....

>> Monday, December 15, 2008

is not even close to being as frightful as soggy corn chips.



1. chili
2. corn chips
3. sour cream
4. pumpkin bread

Nice bowl of chili for lunch on a cold dreary day? Good idea. Packing corn chips in a container with other stuff and sticking it in the fridge the night before? Not such a good idea. But all was not lost! My original plan was to dip - my revised plan was to crumble and stir. It worked out.

The pumpkin bread, corn chips, sour cream, cilantro and beans used in the making of the above pictured chili were all purchased at Fresh & Easy. Now known as My New Boyfriend.

Okay, it's reallllly not all that cold here. But it was colder than usual. Cold enough that I'm disappointed that I most likely wasted a potential coat wearing day. And people? I have a new coat. It's red. And it was dirt cheap. In other words, perfect! Gaze on it's beauty.



Maybe tomorrow....

5 comments:

Marimoy December 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM  

AH. There are few things worse than soggy corn chips... snazzy jacket!

Marimoy December 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM  

AH. There are few things worse than soggy corn chips... snazzy jacket!

Yvo Sin December 16, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

I mean this in the nicest way possible but where the F do you live that it was only a "potential" coat wearing day? Starting in November, maybe October, coats stop being optional. I'm in NYC. Hahaha.
You know, I have some chili leftover and last night I bought Fritos. I was eyeing it all and thinking how I'm going to make Frito Pie (in a bowl). Not tonight though, I have dinner plans. I'm actually kind of excited :)

Lunch Buckets December 17, 2008 at 12:06 AM  

Thanks Mimi - I'm quite infatuated with it. Well, the idea of it anyway. Yvo - Arizona. It was mid 50's yesterday :) Fritos! If I had Fritos there wouldn't be any leftover. I'd have to hide them from myself.

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP