A Veritable Rainbow of Flavors!

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008



1. oven roasted butternut squash
2. peas
3. crispy polenta
4. tiny tuna
5. freakin' tomatoes

How'd you like that title? That's called high-PER-bow-lee. Or in-SAN-uh-tee. Want to peek in my brain? Of course you do! I looked at the picture, thought, "ohhhh, pretty colors, like a rainbow!". Then thought of Top Chef's Team Rainbow, then thought of Skittles and then thought of Mazda ads. At this point I was bored with myself - see it's not just you - and the word veritable popped into my head. When I was a kid my mom and I used to read the dictionary for fun - and yeah, we had cable - and I remember instantly falling in love with the word veritable. And why did I think of that right after the Mazda thought? Like anyone's still reading this! Well Mazda led to Caddie Woodlawn which lead to sprigged lawn which led to dictionary fun and then of course, veritable. I hope someone buys me a Pannetone soon. Sophie and I need brandy butter.

9 comments:

Anonymous December 17, 2008 at 5:00 AM  

I remember loving the words--curmudgeon and plethera, not sure either of those are spelled correctly--but you know what I mean:)Still have that dictionary, guess I could look them up.

Anonymous December 17, 2008 at 10:42 AM  

My favorite word has always been immaculate! A condition devoutly aspired to and seldom attained. Is Sophie an Italian Greyhound?

Julie December 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

Sophie may pee on a lot of stuff, but she sure is cute.

Marimoy December 23, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

beautiful bento. I love your train of thought! :D

Sara A. Mueller December 27, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

If you ever hit Portland, Oregon, be sure to have dinner at a tiny little place called 'Veritable Quandary'!

The Blonde Duck December 30, 2008 at 4:45 AM  

Just stumbled by and wanted to say hi!

Anonymous January 1, 2009 at 11:11 AM  

What a great site! I have a bento and am always looking for ideas for what to pack in it. :)

Happy New Year!

Sophie January 11, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

My mom always says your plate should be colorful because it means you're getting the nutrients you need :D. This looks nutritious and yummy, I like the fun containers you use; I bet it makes lunch all the more enjoyable and fun :).

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:43 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP