Sounds Nasty, Looks Nasty, Tastes? Not Nasty!

>> Friday, June 19, 2009

Honey Walnut Shrimp? With sweet mayonnaise sauce? Uhm, no thank you. Yes, I'm sure. Yes, I know it's very popular. No, I'm not allergic to nuts. Or mayonnaise. Or shrimp. Just, well, just no.

But the curiosity. It consumes me sometimes. Could it really be as bad as it sounds? Surely not.

Ohmysweetmotherofpearl. Yes! Sweet mayonnaise on big beautiful lightly battered and fried shrimp with honey candied walnuts. With broccoli. On rice. How could something so, so, so wrong be so right?

This is leftover from Yao take-out, but it's surely super easy and fast to do at home, I'd imagine it could be done before the rice is cooked if you start with shelled and de-veined shrimp.



1. honey walnut shrimp with broccoli and rice
2. remains of an un-wanted eggroll
3. the last of the free tomatoes

1 comments:

Yvo Sin June 19, 2009 at 6:49 AM  

LOL your title hurts me! If you think it's easy to make, please make it and then share with us. It's one of the only methods of prep that I still like to eat shrimp. (Which, btw, when I was not eating any animal flesh, this dish appeared at my mom's bday dinner, so I ate the mayo sauce with rice... mmm, fatty goodness... my family likes just the shrimp, no sauce... whatevers!) MMmmmmmm so glad you overcame your prejudice to try it :)

PS I don't think it sounds or looks nasty :) Or that it's wronnnnng!!! lol

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP