Don't say that later will be better

>> Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Now I'm stuck in a moment
And I can't get out of it

I may have mentioned that I'm stuck in a rut. Food wise. Or maybe not. I don't know. Like it matters. Anyway, it's not like I stopped eating or anything but the cooking mojo, she is gone. Or maybe just drunk in the next room. Like really really drunk. And maybe listening to old Smashing Pumpkins songs or maybe U2. Either way.

So this was something different! Something new! Something exciting! Something to frighten the children! Children who by the way are plenty damn old enough to stop sniffing suspiciously at things they don't recognize on their dinner plates. I mean if I was -gonna- try to poison them I would surely have done it by now.



1. grilled chicken kebob
2. Romesco sauce
3. saffron rice
4. grapes

The chicken and sauce were lifted directly from this post at Crepes of Wrath. Stop here for a second and say it with me. Crepes of Wrath. Is there a better name for a food blog? I. think. not.

The chicken was fine, it's really just chicken after all, and I've had it before. The sauce though, the sauce is a revelation. Now it's possible, maybe even likely that I'm ... shall we say ... out of the loop, but I've just never tasted anything like it and I pink fat pink puffy heart rainbow unicorn sprinkles loved it. On chicken, on bread! on my big fat finger; I'm just that easy.

There's a tiny bit left. I think I'm going to make it into a vinaigrette. I'll let you know how that comes out. Unless I just lick it out of the container.

PS. I did use significantly more olive oil that the recipe indicated I'd need. Also, toasted the almonds.

But wait! There's more! Order now and you'll also receive ...



This is Candied Pineapple Coconut Bread from Peabody. Now I'm not sure exactly what went wrong here but this bread, while delicious, is just tooth aching mouth sweating crazy eyed sweet. The only thing I can think of is that I might have inadvertently doubled up on the sugar. I was pretty distracted by trying to wipe out every last smear of Romesco from the food processor bowl you know.

0 comments:

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP