Where the Deer and the Antelope Play

>> Monday, January 25, 2010



Unexpectedly ended up at home for lunch today, which explains the non-travel proof container.

1. onion soup
2. cheese toast floater

I made a gigantic vat of this soup the other day and it just keeps getting better and better. Wish I had some kind of magic bowl that would just keep refilling!

It was my first go at French Onion Soup and I followed this recipe from the kitchen sink almost to the letter using one red onion and the rest yellow. Except I forgot the bay leaves and I did take the onions a little darker than she pictures. It was also my first time using gruyere cheese. Now it's possible that I didn't have the best example of the type, but meh. Next time I think I'll just use jarlsberg.

0 comments:

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP