Maui '08: Day 8

>> Saturday, October 11, 2008

This day started off in much the same way the day before had ended - panic-stricken would describe my mood with a healthy dose of sleep deprivation to mix things up a bit. I hate to be too cryptic about the INCIDENT but the story isn't truly mine to tell and I still need to speak to the Boy. (will Saturday night PLEASE hurry and get here!) The time difference demanded I get up early to start making phone calls to offices that open at 8 so I sat the alarm for 2, not realizing that I should have chosen 3 until it was too late. So I did, and I called, and I waited, and I called and waited and called and waited and finally got a call back, the call back, the one saying "oooops, our bad, no biggie". Ass-wipes. Then waited for the call from the Boy to confirm the ""oooops, our bad, no biggie". Then spent the next hour or so ranting and raving and tossing off f-bombs until I fell asleep.

Then we went to the beach.





Then we went to dinner. Not just any dinner though, dinner at our favorite "nice" restaurant on Maui, Cafe O'Lei! I can not believe I forgot to bring a camera. I suck. Anyway, it didn't disappoint. I had beef tenderloin medallions with a foie gras and wine reduction sauce. I think there were some potatoes and broccoli on the plate too, but yeah, whatever. Oh my God. Sorta gives me shivers thinking about it. People, it was that good. Yes, THAT. good. If you go to Maui, and you should, you must go there, and you must eat that. And when you finish it, and you will, then you must order the pineapple upside down cake. I don't care if you don't think you like it, I'm making the rules here and I'm telling you to order it. That is all.

2 comments:

Ironjack October 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

So Jealous! Wonderful photoblog of your trip!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP