Maui '08: Day 7

>> Thursday, October 9, 2008

































Up until this point it had been a beautiful day. See that little pizza up there? That's Bev Gannon's famous crab pizza. I think it was good. Hard to say now. See we got a phone call right after it was served. Something truly horrifying was happening to my child and there was absolutely nothing that I could do to stop it. Because I'm actually writing this 3 days later I can tell you that he's going to be fine, probably actually IS fine but I won't be until I can actually get his hands on him. The children come home on Saturday. I've never wanted them back so badly.

5 comments:

CulinaryAssassin October 10, 2008 at 5:13 AM  

How did you like the dragon fruit? When I first tried one I was somewhat disappointed as it didn't have much taste. Do they taste better in Maui, closer to their natural growing conditions?

The Spiteful Chef October 10, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Sorry to hear about your kiddo. That sucks, and is a very similar thing to what happened on The Unit this week, only on The Unit the mom couldn't go back because the government was hiding her from terrorists. She was pretty upset, too.

I can't decide which picture I like better: The inside of a dragon fruit, which I've never seen, or the Japanese lion/dragon humping a beach ball.

abigail @ Paper and Cake October 10, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

im so sorry! how awful you must have been feeling... hope everything will be fine. let us know?

Lunch Buckets October 11, 2008 at 2:23 AM  

assassin - it's prettier than it tastes I think - it was allegedly locally grown and absolutely beautiful, but it tasted like not quite ripe honeydew with a little bit of black pepper. I think it would be very good as a textural componet in a green salad, or even in a mixed fruit salad.

spiteful - I bet I cussed better than that Unit mom - the dragon humping the beach ball is way more cool that the dragon fruit, I can't believe you'd even have to think about it. duh.

abigail - I believe everything will be fine and also that people should not have children unless they enjoy having their hearts repeatedly ripped from their bodies

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP