Crack Curry, Medium Hot

>> Wednesday, January 9, 2008





1. vegetable curry
2. rice
3. airplane carrot


Fast. Easy. Delicious. Cheap. Addictive. What else is there? I'm looking at the ingredient list on the S&B box right now - it doesn't say there's crack in it, but it does list "spices", which is admittedly pretty freakin' vague. Please know that I will not be held responsible for any untoward effects of using this recipe. You've been warned.

I scaled the standard back of the box recipe down to a single generous serving, omitted the meat, and added raisins. I'll share.

Japanese Vegetable Curry

1 cup of assorted diced vegetables (onion, red pepper, carrots and purple potato)
1 tablespoon chopped golden raisins
1 teaspoon of oil
1 1/2 cups of water
1 cube of S&B Golden Curry sauce mix

Stir fry the vegetables in the oil for about 3 or 4 minutes. The onions should be starting to brown. Add the water and and simmer until the hardest vegetable is tender. Add the raisins and curry cube and stir until the cube is completely dissolved and the sauce is thick and glossy. Pour over rice and ingest orally.

I like chopped apple in this too - added at the end so it's crunchy. Sounds weird, but it's good. Try it sometime!

As for the airplane... Well, airplanes have been on my mind lately.

6 comments:

Chibog in Chief January 9, 2008 at 5:07 AM  

as usual good looking and tasking bentou..i love that airplane carrot..how did you do it??

Yvo Sin January 9, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

The airplane is so adorable! I had curry today too. I think I'm going to stick with S&B from now on. Unless the apple curry was House brand... heh. Oh, also, I used to put the curry cube in after the liquid, too, but I discovered that if I add it before the liquid and stir it so it kind of coats all the veggies/chicken/whatever is in the pot first, it comes out thicker (which I like, but you may not) and dissolves more easily.

Anonymous January 10, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

oh stop it with your airplane carrot, thats too cute! i love all your bentos ;)

test it comm January 12, 2008 at 2:48 PM  

S&B Golden Curry...mmm... The use of raisins in the curry sounds interesting. I will have to try it.

Anonymous January 16, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Your Japanese curry sounds great!! Curry is one of my favorite seasonings, so I really want to give this one a try.
The airplane carrot is a very cute touch!

Anonymous December 31, 2011 at 1:33 AM  

I've been cooking for a long time - and never seen crack listed as a spice...

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP