My Love is a Pink, Pink Rose

>> Thursday, January 3, 2008



So I'm no Irish poet. Or anykind of poet. Or Irish. But my cheese is.

Anyway.

1. 3 big nori-wrapped hunks of sushi rice
2. pickled ginger cleverly disguised as a rose
3. baby carrots
4. fabulous Kerrygold aged cheddar cheese slices
5. candy!
6. soy sauce in a bottle

Should have gone with an Irish theme and subbed some nice Irish whiskey for the soy, or just thrown a bottle of Bailey's in my bag. Wouldn't have tasted all that great on the rice but might have made for a more interesting work day.

5 comments:

vibi January 4, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Well, like you say... you might not be poetic, but you are truly artistic!
I just love the idea; how delicate and sweet!

Mer January 5, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

When I first opened the page to your blog, I thought that was a real rose! Nicely done. :0)

And I love the poetry reference. Now I have that song playing in my mind. We sang it in high school choir.

Lori Lynn January 6, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

Beautiful rose! I think I'll use your idea, thanks for the inspiration.

Natakiya January 7, 2008 at 9:46 PM  

Awesome rose! It's very beautiful and I love the way it's dramatic black & white backdrop.

Yvo Sin January 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

I like the rose too... I'd never have thought of that. And it looks quick/easy as opposed to "I spent 30 minutes on this one rose this morning and then was late for work". Hehe.

PS About Bailey's: I was just reading about Coole Swan, the "new" Bailey's, supposedly better (read: more alcoholic)... I really want to try it! So funny that you wrote about Bailey's while I was thinking about it!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP