Lust for Lunch

>> Friday, January 18, 2008



Provocative title for a bowl of leftovers, no?

New word! Concupiscent. It's weird to know that you'll die not knowing all the words in your native language. Anyway, on to lunch.

1. leftover pad thai with a little cup of chopped peanuts and lime
2. blackberries
3. grape tomatoes
4. yellow pepper strips
5. bánh bò
6. bread with Muhammara spread

The lovely Yvo asked "What's banh mo?" I guess she's too polite to say "hey dumb butt - it's Bánh Bò !". She's such a sweetheart :) Bánh bò is a Vietnamese steamed rice cake made with coconut milk. It's a little sweet with a very cool springy/spongy texture. And it comes in pretty colors. Banh mo probably translates to "bread with poo on it".

Barbara from Tigers & Strawberries was the source of the Muhammara recipe. How can you resist something described as sexy, naughty and vegan? Especially if you happen to have leftover walnuts and pomegranate molasses from the never-ending fesenjan...but that's another story. (By the way, you -can- make this in a blender, but it sure wouldn't be my first choice.) I'm so in love with this stuff. If I had a vat of it I'd climb in and wallow. Or ask it to marry me. It's really that good!

Note to self: Break down and buy a stupid food processor. And a rice cooker.

3 comments:

Nilmandra January 19, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

That looks lovely and healthy.

Coffee and Vanilla January 19, 2008 at 5:40 PM  

Hello :)

Very nice lunchboxes :)
I'm hosting this month Wholesome Lunchbox event and I would love to have your entry.

Have a good day, Margot

Wholesome Lunchbox event
http://www.coffeeandvanilla.com/?p=1429

Yvo Sin January 29, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

lol, actually, I really had no idea what a bahn mo or bo was! Maybe because I'm allergic to coconuts. Or because my knowledge of Vietnamese cuisine is extremely limited (bahn mi, bun, pho, that's about all I know...). Thanks for explaining :)

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP