Everykid's Bento Lunch - Dispelling Bento Myths One Meal at a Time

>> Thursday, January 24, 2008

"Hey Boo, what sounds good for lunch tomorrow?"

"Peanut butter sandwich cut in some cute shape, some jellies, and something chocolate."

Hmmmm, easy enough.

Done.



1. peanut butter sandich cut with a dog cookie cutter - that's a little nori circle for the eye, carrot for the collar and tomato for the nose
2. bread scrap bone stuck on with a bit of peanut butter
3. 3 bite size jellos
4. blueberries and kiwi cause Sister doesn't always get everything her way
5. little container of chocolate chips cause Sister usually gets everything her way

I've heard People (and you know who you are) say they don't have time to make "stuff like that", or that their kids "won't eat stuff like that", or "I don't know where to get/can't afford to buy that stuff" - all the while drooling on my lunch. Seriously? You can do this! It's a sandwich! Packed in a little plastic container from the dollar store. (I don't know what to say about kids that won't eat peanut butter) The whole thing took less than 5 minutes, 3 of those I probably spent trying to find chocolate chips in that black hole of a pantry.

9 comments:

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

Great post! You're so right, too. It doesn't take much to do this. No need for fancy gadgets and gear (though they're fun). No need for fancy foods either (though they're fun as well).

I hope people read that and go, "Yes, I can do this!"

Anonymous January 24, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Yeah, but WHERE do you BUY this peanut butter stuff????

Lunch Buckets January 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Well anonymous, I understand that there are many other types of peanut butter available at any number of retail outlets, but this particular peanut butter is Honey Roasted Jif and is the "creamy" variety. It was purchased at Target, and cost approximately $2.50. Good luck finding some!

Lunch Buckets January 26, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Thanks neb - I started to call you bluefrog but thought that might be confusing!

Anonymous January 27, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

I think there is a difference between time and motivation :P

Lunch Buckets January 28, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

I do think you've got yourself a point there prissycook.

Yvo Sin January 29, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

It bugs me when people say that stuff to me too- like I've got all the time in the world?! Priorities, people, priorities! I make an effort to wake up an extra 15 minutes just to make my bento in the mornings! =)
I'm totally going to link to this post tomorrow, unless you mind (in which case, please let me know soon!). Thanks!

Anonymous January 30, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

I don't get that "cooking=no life" attitude either. What are they so busy with that they can't pull out a few cookie cutters? It's also a complete lack of creativity.

This is the best kid's lunch because it has everything a little girl could want. I bet she's the talk of the cafeteria whenever she pulls out her bento.

Chou January 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM  

I absolutely LOVE your lunches. :) I think my nieces and nephews would smile all day long if these were in their lunch buckets.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP