Olive Garden Antipathy

>> Friday, January 4, 2008



Me and Olive Garden used to be like *first 2 fingers twisted together symbolizing mutual tightness* that. When I lived in Arkansas and got tired of red hot dogs I would sometime drive 200 miles round trip to eat at the Olive Garden and thought it was totally worth it. I loved it. But over the years we've grown apart. It's been years since I was last tempted by unending salad and breadsticks. The love had died.

He was seduced by the commercial for lasagna rollatini. With chicken. He wanted to go. We went. I had cheese ravioli. It wasn't good.

The love remains dead.

1. leftover Olive Garden ravioli
2. snow peas and roasted yellow peppers
3. leftover Olive Garden bread stick made into croutons
4. complimentary Olive Garden mint candy

A lunch that was as delcious as it deserved to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

Hey, there was always the Alaska Queen. Well, not always. I can't remember what year they slammed it with a wrecking ball.
I have to say I still enjoy Olive Gardens Soup Salad and breadsticks. But you've been escaped from Arkansas longer than I have...so maybe a couple more years and I'll hate it too.
J

Anonymous January 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

And, I, your mother has yet to have ventured the 200 mile round trip to eat at Olive Garden, but I find the trip to Red Lobster worth it:) How you feeling bout Red Lobster?

Yvo Sin January 8, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

Hehe, I used to like Olive Garden quite a lot and actually... ate there... often... and at the one in Times Square, too *shudder* (filled with tourists). One of my favorite "Overheard in NY" (www.overheardinny.com) quotes is
Tourist to NYer: Excuse me, can you give me directions to Olive Garden?
NYer: No, but I can tell you how to get to a REAL Italian restaurant

Hahahahahah. Sorry your dinner and subsequent lunch was icky. I also used to like TGI Friday's a LOT (was there 2-3 times a WEEK)... and now I cringe, and my stomach rolls just to hear a commercial for them.

Lunch Buckets January 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

J - call me when it happens - I'll console you.

Red Lobster? Bleh.

Hey Yvo, you don't even wanna know about the Applebee's years - at least they did have cheap liquor though...

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP