Bento Lunches for a Boy and a Boo

>> Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I made a couple of fast and easy bento lunches for Boy and Boo - and then I went back to bed :)



1. chunks of sausages and cheese
2. crostini
3. banana muffin
4. grapes
5. orange slices



1. chunks of sausages and cheese
2. banana chips
3. banana muffin
4. grapes
5. orange slices
6. rice balls

Aren't those oranges gorgeous? I actually bought them only because they were smaller than the MONSTER sized navels on display - it wasn't until I cut into one that I noticed the little ID sticker and realized we had gourmet citrus on our hands! Oh, just 69 cents a pound too. Don't hate me.

In honor of our "found treasure" I made a salad based on a recipe from Pinch my Salt made of these oranges with jicama and cilantro dressed with a vingrette made from their juice and served it with grilled tuna for dinner last night. It was fantastic! I did have to add a bit of vinegar to the dressing though, probably because of the low acidity of these oranges.

3 comments:

Allison February 27, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Those oranges DO look awesome!

I've tagged you! Check out my blog for a MeMe!

Shannon March 3, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

Those look great!

And that's totally something I would do--get up, throw together lunches and go back to bed. I've got it down to a science (and a great light blocking mask for going back to bed in the mornings).

Lunch Buckets March 16, 2008 at 1:28 AM  

Allison - at least you know something new about me now - I suck at following up on comments. Sorry.

Shannon - I am so totally jealous. Since I only get to do this like, once a decade I haven't had a chance to work out the kinks. And I want a light blocking mask. Cause I would look even more awesome in the mornings if I had one of those!

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP