Some People Hope for Rain

>> Tuesday, February 26, 2008




1. rice balls
2. grapes
3. cheese
4. crostini
5. orange slices
6. grape tomatoes
7. banana muffin

Some people in my house act they've got a disease and the only cure is to eat more bananas. Needless to say we rarely have any left at the end of the week to make muffins, but sometimes the gods smile and someone gets a little backed up and lays of the nanas long enough for the rest of us to have a delicious snack. I love this recipe 'cause it's easy and I'm lazy. Oh, and it tastes really good. I think it might be even better with butter instead of oil. If anyone tries it let me know!

Easy Banana Muffins

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
4 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix all the wet stuff together then add the baking soda, baking powder and the salt and stir it up pretty good. Mix in the flour just until it all looks wet but still lumpy. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. The tops will feel moist when they're done but if you touch them it won't leave a dent. Channel your inner food stylist and decorate with a banana chip. Or not.

5 comments:

RudeNun February 27, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

Winter causes my hair to frizz up ;) Your bento lunches look very yummy.

Mer February 27, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

I don't know if I have an "inner food stylist" ;0) but I know I don't have any black sesame seeds... and I wish I did. Where do you get them?

Yvo Sin February 28, 2008 at 12:39 PM  

I giggled out loud when I read "someone gets a little backed up" if that means what I think it means. You're always posting recipes! Why not enter my contest? ;)

Lunch Buckets March 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

rudenun - thanks rudenun - I guess the habit keeps the hair in place most of the time, no?

Mer - I have plain black sesame seeds from the Asian market - the ones on the rice balls are pre-mixed with coarse salt in a shaker bottle.

Yvo - yeah, that's what it means :)

Mer March 3, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

I will need to go look for some of those. I think they make onigiri look so nice. :0)

Thanks for the info. :0)

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP