Even My Leftovers Have Leftovers

>> Monday, June 16, 2008



1. cold peanut noodles with pork
2. cherries
3. itty bitty cakey thingy

One of the things that's hard to get used to with the kids being gone is how much food to cook. I made the noodles out of the leftover vermicelli from making spring rolls to use the leftover pork from carnitas and the pork that was leftover from the day before that. Even my leftovers have leftovers! Not that it wasn't delicious. I diluted the leftover peanut sauce with a little soy and water and tossed the chilled noodles to coat then added some sliced pork and topped with mint and sriracha. I'd eat it again.

4 comments:

Desi Mommy June 17, 2008 at 6:15 AM  

Your pictures come out looking so good - lighting, color, shadow. Mine look like I snapped a quick picture on my kitchen counter. Oh, never mind, that's because that's what I do!

Yvo Sin June 17, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

I'd eat your leftovers again for the first time :)

Marimoy June 19, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

Love using leftovers for bento! It makes the whole process so fast. How do the "itty bitty cakey thingys" taste!?

Lunch Buckets June 23, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

desi mommy - I struggle with the photos, compared to so many they look soooo bad! I have to remind myself that I am not a professional photographer and that this is an inexpensive point and shoot camera, not a magic wand!

Yvo - wouldn't it be cool to work with someone that you could trade leftover lunches with?

Mimi- the little cakey things are awesome. I buy them frozen and just keep them in the fridge. They taste like fig newtons but with red bean inside instead of figs :)

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP