Grilled Tuna Salad

>> Thursday, June 26, 2008



1. slices of grilled albacore on salad with mango salsa
2. bread and cheese
3. panna cotta

Sometimes I get such a craving for something that it almost turns into obsession. Like panna cotta. Not that I'd ever actually had panna cotta before mind you. How does that happen? Or is it just me? Nevermind.

Panna cotta - essentially milk jello. Doesn't exactly sound craveable now does it? Oh but it is. It's every thing I hoped it would be. Smooth, cool, creamy, decadent and light all at the same time. I flavored it with vanilla bean and topped it with toasted coconut. When we ate it at home we topped it with sliced almonds and poured a little smidge of amaretto on top as well but because I ate this at work I didn't add the liquor - though lord knows only copious amounts of alcohol would sure make the day more bearable.

6 comments:

Desi Mommy June 27, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Personally I would have found a way to have the amaretto. Or Kahlua. More the merrier.

Anonymous June 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

Your blog features a delicious array of recipes; the way you've chosen to present your recipe collection is admirable. We'd like to pass along a gift to you; it's an acclaimed service that any cook with a recipe collection would feel honored to use. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested.

Par June 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

milk jello... interesting... I never have that before.

Marimoy June 28, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

sounds like you need to rethink your career! (j/k) I would have added the booze anyway! ;o)

Peasblog July 5, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

yum panna cotta YUM...

Shayne July 6, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

ooooo you make tuna the way I like it, no pink in the center...done all the way. Don't get me wrong I will like it raw in a roll but for salad it gots to be well done.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP