The Best Laid Plans

>> Saturday, September 20, 2008

I wasn't planning to take my lunch to work today. In fact, I planned to -not- take my lunch today. My co-worker had been dropping hints all day yesterday about a new soul food place that had opened up close by and I was jonesin' for some chicken and waffles. And sweet potato pie. And maybe some cornbread. And greens. Anyway, I thought if I didn't take lunch in it wouldn't take much arm twistin' and she and I would be hip deep in mac&cheese by noon and ready for a nap by two. It didn't work out that way.

My boy woke me up this morning - "Mom? I made you lunch. It's in the fridge. Love you - bye." Awwwwww, that's so sweet isn't it? Too bad I'm going to have to throw it away. I had plans you know. Get to work and within 10 minutes co-worker has mentioned smothered chicken and red velvet cake. I tell her I'm in. Decide to offer my lunch around, surely someone will want it.

Nearly lunch time and holy crap - US Marshals are here. What the hell? Am I in charge? Oh Lord I hope not. What do US Marshals even do exactly? And why isn't marshal spelled with two ls? Ended up not being nearly as bad as I thought. Race back to office. Co-worker who will now be known as Bitch says - "You know I think I changed my mind. I think I'll wait and go tonight with my family." I called her Bitch. She just laughed at me. Then I ate my lunch.



1. cream cheese rolled in ham
2. grapes
3. Babybel gouda
4. coconut Pocky

5 comments:

Marimoy September 20, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

This is SOOOO funny and cute. Your boy packed you lunch?!??! Awwwwww....

eilismaura September 20, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

I think it is great your boy packed your lunch!!! -- though I would have gone out to lunch as well if I had the chance!!


There is always that 3pm snack attack-have the lunch then!!

Libby September 22, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

How wonderful that your son packed you lunch! They really do learn by example.

Desi Mommy September 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

So cute that your boy packed you lunch. Only heaven knows what my boy would pack for me. Probably yogurt and a Clif bar. And maybe a spoon.

Major drama with the US Marshals. That must have been fun. I am definitely not a fan of your co-worker that DISSED you? What is UP with THAT!??? Good thing you had a nice lunch anyway. Take that, bleep!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP