Happy to You!

>> Tuesday, September 2, 2008



1. ratatouille
2. brown rice
3. peaches
4. yogurt
5. mushroom cookies - slightly melted

This was a huge freakin' lunch. I ate it like 8 hours ago and I'm still full - all that rice I guess. Speaking of rice, I used some of that precooked frozen brown basmati rice from Trader Joe's. A seriously fabulous product by the way. Comes in a box of 3 packages, each package is about 2 servings. All you have to do is clip the corner and microwave on high for 3 seconds. I always have some of this on hand and so should you.

If you're interested in how I make ratatouille, and I know both of you are, I posted earlier about it here. I used eggplant this time, and 5 big Romas that were getting ready to head around the bend, if you know what I mean. I probably should have mentioned on that previous post that I use more oil when I use eggplant - on account of it's awesome sponge-like ability to soak up fat.

Know what else? Plain Greek style yogurt (I think I have Athenos this week) on a perfectly ripe peach? Fan-freakin-tastic. Oh, and don't hate me for this -



My wealthy and beautiful friend Julie found this (and another one almost like it) at the Goodwill. And she bought them for me. I haven't really researched it but I'm almost certain those are vintage, naked, Little Twin Stars. And there really isn't much more to say about that.

6 comments:

Shaleah September 3, 2008 at 12:04 AM  

That plain yogurt looks SO good.. especially with those peaches. How well did it stay put??

P.S. Those mushroom cookies could find a way to melt in the arctic. Seriously.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen September 3, 2008 at 6:07 AM  

That looks like an amazing lunch, yum! I will have to look for the frozen brown rice, sounds great. And love the vintage Little Twin Stars, too cute!

Yvo Sin September 3, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

Wow. VINTAGE LTS. I have a clipboard that's from the early 80s that's breaking along one side (I used it a LOT in those days; I was a VERY serious 5 year old, you see) but both my LTS were fully clothed. In nightgowns, but still, head to toe. I'm impressed. Photo of the backside please! (Where the copyright and junk is) - I bet that's worth money!!!

Aimée September 3, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Adorable!! You have nice friends.:)

Lunch Buckets September 14, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

el- the yogurt stayed put, but I'm a careful girl, when it comes to my lunch anyway!

yvo - i'll post the backside for you next time I pack in it - there were actually 2 of them, not sure if I mentioned that, the other one has clothed twin stars on it though!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 8:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP