Forgive Me Mother

>> Thursday, September 11, 2008



1. thin sliced roast beef rolled with havarti and green beans
2. tiny pepper stuffed with pimento cheese
3. strawberries with a little sugar underneath 'cause they aren't very sweet
4. grapes
5. dates with peanut butter

I have coveted my neighbors lunchbox. And truth be told I've also coveted her food. And her mother. And her new baby. But those are different stories. Today I'm just happy to be the owner of a brand spankin' new Parasite Pals Lunch Kit! There's another tier that fits inside and holds a fork and spoon that I didn't use today.



I know, it's great, isn't it?

Oh, and Mom? I hope I didn't hurt your feelings with that comment up there. You know I'm just being a smart ass. But seriously, she describes her mom as a "machine in the kitchen". A machine Mom, a MACHINE. And she apparently speaks Lao. But that's irrelevant. Maybe someday though you can explain to me exactly what the difference is between jealousy and coveting, because that's never been really clear to me. Love you!

7 comments:

Marimoy September 12, 2008 at 5:05 AM  

I am so jealous of your box (wow that sounds really bad typed out)! Horrid gutter-mind jokes aside, I am glad to see you have food again!

Julie September 12, 2008 at 5:20 AM  

Parasite Pals?? Does it start eating the food for you?

Ironjack September 12, 2008 at 5:42 AM  

Oh yum. box looks scrumptious. Never occurred to me to use lunch meats as a "rollup". I'll have to remember that!

Anonymous September 12, 2008 at 5:43 AM  

I forgive you, am just glad to see you have food again! All these years, I have thought you were just kidding bout not liking instant mashed taters and canned corn--but am beginning to think maybe you really don't like my cooking!! Jealousy is when you want something LIKE what someone else has--coveting is when you want what someone else has--and you don't want them to have it. So go ahead and be jealous of your friend's MACHINE just dont covet her. I am proud to be your mommy--not sure I would want to be your machine though:) Love you!

The Spiteful Chef September 12, 2008 at 6:20 PM  

Awww! LB! Your mom writes on your blog, too!

That said, any time I am jealous of someone I want to have exactly what they have, and I don't want them to have it. Does that mean I never experience jealousy? I always liked to think of it as jealousy with a touch of preemptive schaadenfreude. Is that wrong?

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM  

I love your cute lunchboxes, and of course the contents! I have a little bento box, but I never seem to have ideas on how to fill it, so it just sits there looking pretty. I might use it for my 24 hr train journey from Hong Kong to Beijing though. It will come in handy!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:57 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP