Daring Baker #10 Lavash Crackers

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hostesses Natalie from Gluten A Go Go, and Shelly, of Musings From the Fishbowl, chose Lavash Crackers (gluten free or not) and baker's choice of a vegan and gluten free dip or spread.

What's this? No butter, no chocolate, no Kitchen-Aid, no tears? Yep! It's a cheap and easy Daring Baker Challenge, unheard of, I know!



Well. There it is. They were crackers all right. Should have rolled them thinner though, they puffed up like a bad pompadour the minute they hit the oven. I sprinkled kosher salt on one half and sumac on the other. The "dip" is nothing more than some chopped up leftover ratatouille. Like I said, cheap AND easy! How'd it taste? Fine. But I miss buttercream. I've become accustomed to my monthly treat!

Check out the rest of the bunch at the Daring Baker Blogroll.

Did you "Haiku that Blog!"?

3 comments:

Ironjack September 28, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Happy One Year Old! Congrats on getting thru one year on a wonderful blog that I love visiting. Hope to see more yummy bentos to come!

Lunch Buckets October 10, 2008 at 1:27 AM  

Awww - you remembered! I of course totally forgot the whole thing just minutes after "remembering"! Too bad it coincided with the crappiest daring baker challenge ever!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP