Daring Baker #10 Lavash Crackers

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hostesses Natalie from Gluten A Go Go, and Shelly, of Musings From the Fishbowl, chose Lavash Crackers (gluten free or not) and baker's choice of a vegan and gluten free dip or spread.

What's this? No butter, no chocolate, no Kitchen-Aid, no tears? Yep! It's a cheap and easy Daring Baker Challenge, unheard of, I know!

Well. There it is. They were crackers all right. Should have rolled them thinner though, they puffed up like a bad pompadour the minute they hit the oven. I sprinkled kosher salt on one half and sumac on the other. The "dip" is nothing more than some chopped up leftover ratatouille. Like I said, cheap AND easy! How'd it taste? Fine. But I miss buttercream. I've become accustomed to my monthly treat!

Check out the rest of the bunch at the Daring Baker Blogroll.

Did you "Haiku that Blog!"?


Ironjack September 28, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

Happy One Year Old! Congrats on getting thru one year on a wonderful blog that I love visiting. Hope to see more yummy bentos to come!

Lunch Buckets October 10, 2008 at 1:27 AM  

Awww - you remembered! I of course totally forgot the whole thing just minutes after "remembering"! Too bad it coincided with the crappiest daring baker challenge ever!

Anonymous March 8, 2009 at 7:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP