THE BEST LUNCH EVER

>> Saturday, December 1, 2007



Normally I make lunches the night before. Thursday night I was tired. Exhausted even. I worked late, and then we went out for dinner and football watching. Boo could get lunch in the cafeteria. I could do without. Boy intervened. "I'll make your lunch." And he did.

1. red wine chicken layered with dried dragonfruit
2. balsalmic vegetables with rice cracker accent
3. container of Nutellatopped with a row of pretzel rods
4. honey sesame snack crackers

He found recipes on the internet, he cooked, he packed, he cleaned. He even made a similar lunch for Boo. Please. Control your envy. I've forgiven him for the comment he once made about my curry. Boy Rocks.

7 comments:

Yvo Sin December 3, 2007 at 9:35 AM  

I'd be afraid to let my Boy pack my lunch. Hahaha. Very nice job by your Boy though =)

Julie December 3, 2007 at 10:43 AM  

It all looks wonderful, I am a new fan of dragon fruit but it is scarce here in NY. Where did you find dried Dragon Fruit?

Lunch Buckets December 3, 2007 at 7:37 PM  

The dried dragonfruit came from Trader Joe's. It's more of a novelty than a staple - in other words, I wouldn't make a special trip. Did I mention that Boy is only 15? I had no idea what I was going to end up with!

Peasblog December 6, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

WOW 15!!?? sheesh...
is there a recipe for that dragon fruit chicken???
sounds delish but i don't know where to get dried dragon fruit around here just fresh hmmmm....

Yvo Sin December 6, 2007 at 1:20 PM  

I didn't realize he was your son, I thought it was your hubby or bf, my bad! Haha for a second when it said he's 15 I was like oh... kay.. and then it clicked. =X Hahaha

Lunch Buckets December 11, 2007 at 5:11 PM  

I suppose I could ask the boy to share his recipe. He might be wantin' to keep it secret though :)

Yvo - ewwww!

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:26 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP