Curry Season

>> Tuesday, December 18, 2007



I just can't get enough curry lately. This one is leftovers from dinner. I had to jump up and scoop some out for my lunch midmeal, fearing otherwise there'd be none left!

1. yellow Thai curry with yellow and orage carrots, snow peas, potatoes and chicken
2. jasmine rice with snow pea hearts
3. tomatos
4. stirfried baby bok choy

The bok choy was based off a recipe from Ruth @ Once Upon a Feast with the following modifications to suit my pantry:

  • sliced green onion for the onion
  • jarred ginger garlic paste instead of fresh
  • toasted sesame oil
  • added black sesame seeds
  • instead of splitting the bok choy lengthwise I just seperated the outer leaves from the center and trimmed the stalks

    I really liked this, but the rest of the family only tolerated them. You've been warned.



    And because it's just so damn cute I want to show off my new bento box. I picked this up for the outrageous price of 99 cents at the 99 Cents Only Store. It even came with a little fork and spoon. Useless fork and spoon, but whaddaya expect for 99 cents? I also got one with a ladybug lid. Too. Freakin'. Cute.


  • 5 comments:

    Chibog in Chief December 19, 2007 at 5:05 AM  

    what can i say, as usual a well balanced dish with a great presentation :-)

    ps i love the cute green hearts...and this lunch bucket is sooo cute!!

    InspiredMumof2 December 19, 2007 at 8:41 AM  

    Your curry bento really looks good. Thats it, tomorrow I'm having chicken curry :-)_

    Yvo Sin December 19, 2007 at 10:06 AM  

    that is soooo cute! and it is totally curry weather here =)

    Lunch Buckets December 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

    Thank you :) I think I could eat some kind of curry just about every day!

    Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:21 AM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    LunchBucketShares

      © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP