A Day Without Disappointment ? Like a Day Without Sunshine.

>> Wednesday, December 5, 2007



1. leftover chili
2. radishes
3. apple and orange slices
4. grape tomatoes
5. celery stuffed with vegetable cream cheese


Vegetable cream cheese doesn't taste as good in my mouth as it did in my mind. I don't think I'm gonna buy it again. Didn't I used to like this stuff? It's plasticy. Is that even a word? And has little hard bits of oddly strong flavored dehydrated onion. Like crushed Onion Altoids mixed in silicone caulk. Hungry yet?

6 comments:

Anonymous December 5, 2007 at 9:32 PM  

Dang, I didn't know they made onion altoids. Now I've gotta go to the store.
J

BlueFrogJ December 6, 2007 at 5:26 AM  

Well, even if the cream cheese isn't tasty, that is one colorful bento! It makes me happy just looking at it.

Peasblog December 6, 2007 at 8:17 AM  

love the apple!! and the little radishes

Yvo Sin December 6, 2007 at 1:22 PM  

I think you'd like fresh veggie cream cheese! I don't buy the Philadelphia kind- if I get it, it's from a nearby bagel shop that makes it with crunchy bits of celery, radish, etc. in it. It's GOOD. Or you can make your own, which isn't too hard, I think- there's a recipe on FoodNetwork.com that is more a "dip" than a cream cheese spread but involves roasting your own assorted veggies (I think zucchini, peppers, and something else...) and then pulsing it all together in a food processor. Sounds delish, let me know if you try it!

Lunch Buckets December 11, 2007 at 5:09 PM  

Guess I know what you're gettin' for Christmas J! After I thought about it for a while I remembered making veggie cream cheese with Knorr soup mix and cream cheese, and liking it. Course I thought I remembered liking the Philadelphia brand too, so take that for what it's worth.

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:24 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP