Sandwiches and Eggs: Deviled. Not Molded.

>> Thursday, November 15, 2007






Basically the same for all of us today. The sandwiches were delicious, but probably a little too big. Boo wished that hers had more ham.

1. croissant sandwiches with cream cheese, roasted red peppers and alfalfa sprouts, Boy's with peppered ham, Boo's with cream cheese and ham only
2. deviled egg with tomatoes for me
3. golden kiwi for Boy and Boo
4. apple rubbed with lime for me

I attempted the infamous egg molds. It didn't go so well. Apparently one should use "extra large" eggs and that isn't the same as "jumbo" eggs. Jumbo eggs are way too big and squish out the edges of the molds. I also noticed that the yolks were forced all the way to one side, which is not conducive to deviled egg making. Luckily, I had boiled extras.

Quick and Dirty Deviled Eggs

4 hard boiled eggs
1 T mayo
1 t mustard
1 shake hot sauce
salt and pepper

Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and put the yolks in a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. Add in the mayonnaise and mustard and a good shake of hot sauce. We like Louisiana brand for stuff like this. Stir in a pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper. Stuff the stuffing back in the eggs and eat.

5 comments:

Chibog in Chief November 16, 2007 at 2:39 AM  

I knew im at the right place...your post just gave me another idea to bring for our bentou brunch on the beach tomorrow...my husband will love this, but i guess i need to replace kiwi with something else...he hates them :-)

MaggieB November 16, 2007 at 5:55 AM  

I am quickly falling in love with bento box movement. I think this is the next great kick to keep my husband and I on a healthy track. Thanks for your post on my site (http://www.eatboutique.com/) and love your daily write-ups.

Lunch Buckets November 20, 2007 at 12:38 AM  

Bento brunch on the beach sounds so much more exciting than bento lunch at the desk! Hope you had a great time.

Maggie-thank you! I so totally have my fingers crossed for you this week. If you pull this off without losing your mind I'm going to get you a tiara and crown you queen.

Yvo Sin November 20, 2007 at 9:39 AM  

*excited* I did the same thing!!! I used large, which were too small, so I went and bought jumbo, not realizing it was NOT the next size up. Boo. Ah well, still looks and sounds delicious!!! :)
BTW, I love tuna salad onigiri (similar to rolls, except I'm slightly inept and canNOT make rolls for the life of me)- I use a dab of mayo, usually Bumblebee tuna, lots of relish, dill, and my secret ingredient: masago, the tiny fish eggs. If you can't get your hands on it, it's not necessary, but it adds such a nice crunch and saltiness ;)

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:33 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP