Goma Shio Mr. Roboto

>> Tuesday, November 13, 2007



1. rice with Goma Shio
2. edamame
3. container of gyoza dipping sauce
4. egg custard ball
5. bite sized kusa mochi
6. mini pork bun, vegetable shumai, crab shumai

Gomo Shio is a great option for you fish-haters that aren't sure about the whole furikake thing. You know who you are. It's simply a mix of black sesame seeds and coarse rice. Heck, you could even make your own!

Goma Shio

5 parts sesame seeds (black is prettier)
1 part salt (use either kosher salt or coarse sea salt if you have it)
Adjust the proportions to suit your own taste.

Toast in a dry pan stirring constantly over medium heat until you can smell the sesame seeds. Remove from heat, cool, pack in an airtight container and sprinkle with abandon.

Often Goma Shio is ground together and then used, but I like the look of the whole seeds. Plus I'm kind of lazy.

4 comments:

Chibog in Chief November 14, 2007 at 12:49 AM  

Wow thanks for this bento idea! I just happen to discover by accident your bento blog. What a wonderful discovery. I used to be based in Japan and I have been a bento fanatic. I prepare my husband's bento everyday (although were not japanese) we like very much the idea..your photo gave me craving for gyoza..yummy :-)

Lunch Buckets November 14, 2007 at 9:54 PM  

Your welcome dhanggit, I just went over and checked out your blog - now you've got me hungry for all sorts of delicous looking things!

Anonymous May 23, 2008 at 5:37 PM  

I had seen this recipe somewhere else but I cannot remember where but I remember they suggested putting the mix in a pepper grinder, that way you have it fresh ground every time and it is great for all us lazy people. :-D

Anonymous March 6, 2009 at 1:34 AM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LunchBucketShares

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP